A system with Water Tank
1. Place or mount the water tank on the right or left sides of the wall
2. If you plan more than one column connect all the water tanks with the hollow screw connector and the o ring. Fill the containers with water to the connection level and make sure there are no leaks.
3. Connect the 16 mm hose to the pump and connect the pump to the power supply and timer.
4. Mount the base unit over the tank while threading the 16 mm hose.
5. Connect directly to the wall with the enclosed screws
6. Assemble the Vertigan units column up to one unit less than the planned height while threading the 16 mm hose through them
7. Insert the control unit to one pot place and connect it to the pump with the marked wires
8. Install the top Vertigan unit and connect the upper horizontal irrigation system to the 16mm hose
9. Move to the next column and make sure to connect the columns with the male/female connector in each unit. * You do not have to attach each unit to the wall, only every two or three rows
10. Connect the top irrigation line.
11. Plug in the power supply and turn on the pump by using the timer (see timer instructions) make sure that water flows properly between all units.
12. Move the plants to the perforated pots.
13. Insert the planters and turn on the system
14. Turn off when the water drips to the water tank.
15. Monitor moisture levels in the plant’s substrate and record how many days pass between the need in irrigation.
16. Turn on the pump and record the duration of irrigation before water drips into the tank.
*The test should be repeated periodically, and with the change of the seasons
17. Feed the frequency and duration data into the timer, following the enclosed instructions
A system without a Water Tank
Follow the same installation method, without the water tank
All you need to do is connect the drain hose under the base unit using the enclosed 32 mm hose and connectors.
You can check whether the water has reached the bottom by removing the bottom plant.
It is recommended to record irrigation frequency and duration even when performed manually.